"This Blog made to bring Glory and Praise to the Lord"

Friday, February 4, 2011

Life in Spite of Me by Kristen Jane Anderson Book Review

Wow..that is the words that come to mind when I think of this book. I read it in 2 days. She is such an inspiration to people. She was a young lady who suffered from depression and always felt like she didn't belong or what was her purpose in life and I totally related to her on that. Cause I have struggle with depression and those same issues. One night though it all got to be to much for her and she went and laid down on train tracks and the train could not stop in time and pretty much the whole train went over her and it's amazing,she survived it,but lost both her legs in the process. She was very close to dying. She talks in the book about how she grew up in church,her time in the hospital and teaching herself how to move and do for herself with no legs. She is being fitted for some legs to help her walk again. She already has been in some but they give her some pain, but after she realized she needed God in her life and was saved and now she feels she has a purpose in life,to help others suffering. She's not bitter or nothing. She is glad that her suicide attempt actually saved her life. What a great Read about God's amazing power!!

I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for free for my honest review on the book

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer I saw her story on a talk show a while back I can't remember which one it was. Amazing what the Lord has done in her life and even more amazing that she even lived through that. I think I may get this book Thank you so much for sharing this I had forgot all about her and her book. I knew when I saw her story her book would be awesome. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a story! I've been there and I'm telling you what, God is the ONLY One Who can fix your depression problems! And I'm so glad that He does! ♥
    Thanks for the comment btw!
    It was very nice for them to do something for me! They are such a blessing to me and all of our members with all that they do, and yet, they call me a blessing to THEM! It's very humbling to be so respected by those who are important to YOU!
    But we had a great time and I can't wait to go see them again! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping a note:) I love hearing from my bloggy friends around the world:) Drop by anytime,just remember this is a Christian blog so keep it clean. God bless and have Wonderful day!