I just wanted to wish all a Merry Christmas!! I'm heading home and will be back sometime after Christmas or next year(haha)!! God bless you all!!
Friday, December 21, 2012
Thursday, December 20, 2012
I was tagged by Vicki over at her blog which you can visit by clicking here!! Such a sweet girl and blog!!
Here are the rules:
1. You must post eleven random facts about yourself.
2. You must also answer the eleven questions the awarder has given you and make up eleven questions for your awardees to answer in turn.
3. Tag eleven fellow bloggers.
4. Notify them that you've awarded them.
5. No tagging back.
6. The eleven blogs you tag must have less than 200 followers.
Eleven Random Facts About Myself:
1. I have a ornament collection and love picking up random ones at yard sales and thrift stores or on clearance after Christmas!
2. I love Amish Fiction and reading about the Amish!
3. I really would love to visit New York city one time in my life!
4. I adore anything Victorian or Vintage looking
5. One of my Favorite movies is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
6. I can't stand to be late. I have to be on time!!
7. I love taking day trips and visiting different places of interest!
8. I love picking out stuff and buying it for others.
9. I love sending and receiving cards and letters in mail
10. I only shop on sale,Clearance or thrift and yard sales!
11. I am a very shy person!
Answers to 11 Questions from Vicki
1. What is your favorite kind of fruit or fruit juice?
Apple Juice or Grape Juice
2. Did you have a dream when you were a child of what you wanted to be when you grew up, and have you achieved or are you achieving that dream?
I dreamed all the time and I am still dreaming on a lot of things:)
3. What is your favorite article of clothing?
Anything comfy. I am just a laid back kind of person!
4. A random stranger walks up to you and hands you three plane tickets to your dream destination - where is that destination, and whom do you take with you?
My family and I would either go to Europe or New York City
5. If you are in college, what is your major? If you are not in college, what is one subject that you are passionate about?
Not in College. I love taking pictures so it would be something in photography
6. What is your favorite kind of weather?
I adore Snow and cooler weather..lol:)
7. If you could attend any one concert of your choosing, whom would you go see?
Anybody sounds good to me. I would want to go see my favorite group again Dailey and Vincent:)
8. What country/countries do your ancestors come from?
I researched my family tree a long time ago. I think most came from Europe if I am not mistaken.
9. Is there any one theological question about the Bible or something in it that has always puzzled you, and if it's not too private, could you share it?
When was Jesus actually born? We celebrate it at Christmas! Was it though in Spring or Summer?
10. How long is your hair?
Right now it's below my shoulders
11. What was the last book that made you cry?
I can't think of any that has made me cry lately to be honest.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
My Sister is starting to sell Partylite candles!! You can go to her Launch party on Facebook!! All orders ship to your house! Buy you some nice smelling candles and candle decor!!
Saturday, December 15, 2012
My heart hurts for the people in CT right now. How heartbreaking that someone would do such a thing to others. I have not heard fully all the details as they are still coming out. Why do these things keep happening. What is wrong with people? I can't fully wrap my mind around the thought that such evil exist in the world. It does though because it's all around. What happened to the days when Parents could send their children off to school or children could ride on their bikes without fear of being hurt or kidnapped? I can't believe all the stuff I hear that comes out these days. What has happened to the world? Everybody rushes around in life because it's a fast paced world. Where are family dinners around the table? When was it that everywhere I look people have their head buried into a cell phone texting and in their own world happen? What happened to true care and compassion of one another? It's got to where we can't even hardly go out anymore in fear of what might happen. I trust people too much and I tend to believe their is good in everybody,but that is just not the case anymore. Evil exist and you have to be so careful who you trust now days. It's a sad time we are living in. Because of such evil someone has lost their loved one today. They will never get to see their faces on Christmas morning opening those gifts from Santa. So much ahead of them in life gone. All because of evil. It breaks my heart. Please be in prayer for those involved in this tragedy in CT. God bless them and their families.
Sunday, December 9, 2012
Saturday, December 8, 2012
This weekend we went to the Nashville Christmas Parade in downtown Nashville TN!! It's just a short drive from our city and it was one of the things we wanted to see while living near here!! It was a beautiful parade and we got in town and out of town very quickly with lots of people and heavy traffic. I was surprised by that. I thought it would be crazy getting there in and out. Here are some pictures!!
I love this beautiful church in downtown!!
They had such beautiful floats!!
I loved the Balloon floats!
This dog one was so neat!!
Pretty American Flag!!
This one was cute too!!
She was a real person dressed up in the barbie package. I thought it was very creative and neat!
Just love all these balloon floats
This one was pretty cool!!
The flag on was pretty!
For the grand finale...Santa!!!!!
Thursday, December 6, 2012
Hey if you are the winner of the book..Jill Helle! Please email me!! I have sent you two emails,but have not heard back! If I don't hear from you by tomorrow(Friday) I will have to select another winner!! Thanks a bunch!!
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Books!! Do I have too many? No way you can never have to many. Called me old fashion but I love to have a book in my hand. With all the new ebook ways to read today,I just still prefer actual books.
Most all of my books I have gotten free to review them or from yard sales and thrift stores.
I love Amish Fiction and this my collection of those!
No you can never have to many books.
Monday, December 3, 2012
I have always loved reading books about miracles that has happened to people. I believe they are still happening this day in time and this book makes me believe that even more. This book is packed full of great stories from real people of real things that happened in their lives. The things in this book could have not been done except by the Lord who sends Angels or gives miracles to people. I enjoyed each story and was just amazed at how these stories turned out. I just still simply said wow at some of them. From the lady that survived a plane crash or the man who turned out to be a perfect donor for a lady across the country. These stories will keep you reading til the last one! Great book and just goes to prove how the lord still does preform miracles today!
I received this book free from Bethany house for my honest review
I recently got to read and review "Still LoLo". I had never heard of Lauren before,but her book looked interesting so I read it. What a great book and it keep me reading til the very end. Lauren who was living your normal girl her age life. She had the future ahead of her. She had done fashion stories and interned at the tv show Gossip Girl and been to fashion week covering it in NYC. She had started her own magazine online and a blog. Her life changes in a second one night. After attending church she is with friends at their house. They decides to take turns on the private little plane. Her turn was first and after landing she gets out and the planes propeller hits her. She could have lost her life but she lived through it, losing one of her eyes and a hand. I liked how the book was written it was written by all her members of her family. Each person told a different part. It went from her parents marriage,her childhood and up to and after the accident. She has such a strong faith in Jesus and came through this journey of her life with such courage. She tells about how she felt and what she went through after the accident. It was a wonderful book and also shows that God knows your future and your path and to trust him in everything!!
Read a preview of the book here
I received this book free from Tyndale for my honest review