"This Blog made to bring Glory and Praise to the Lord"

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Seasons of Life...


Life is so full of changes. The past two years I have really seen the changes in the seasons of life. Sometimes it excites me to think what the new season could bring. Other times if scares me what could be ahead. I just want to stay in the moment,"the good moments"sometimes!! I don't want to face sometimes what could lay ahead. It's such a crazy transition into adulthood. Sometimes your heart is tugging to stay and wanting to not leave the past. Then the other half wants to move on and start some big adventure in life. Life can be so confusing at times. When you're standing at a crossroad and your looking around you and you have absolutely no idea which road to take. I let fear stand in my way so much. I just want to run and jump and take the leaps of faith sometimes but I just find myself staring and waiting in the crossroad afraid to move. I may not be making any sense to anybody in this post,but I have a lot on my mind lately. How do you get over fear taking over your body? How to follow your dreams when you just feel afraid? I am reaching the age of 30 next year. I feel like everyone my age has gone on with their lives. They have gotten married,had families of their own. Then I'm like that's me on the sidelines watching the normal phases of life go through everyone but me. I fine and content most of the time. It's just sometimes that little nag inside me starts nagging me and I start wondering where I am going? Then this verse comes to mind and I think just wait it will all work out. For it says "To everything there is a season".

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing. A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.


4 comments:

  1. Oh Jennifer, I know just what you mean! I, too, have done - and am still doing - a lot of "watching" in my life. Almost all of my best friends are in serious relationships or getting married, building families, and getting close to achieving their dreams ... while most days, I'm still not even sure what my dreams are.

    I guess I don't have much advice to offer other than just do it, whatever it is you're considering. I read a quote somewhere that said, "Sometimes you just need to take the leap of faith, and build your wings on the way down." And that's true. I wrote a post about the hard way I learned that, and I've been trying to apply that lesson to my life, even though it is terribly hard. But God is with us and wants to help us fly.

    Here is a song that I have found really, really comforting:

    I Will Give You Freedom

    Sorry for such a long comment, dear friend, and I'm sorry that I don't have much advice for you ... but I will be praying for you!! :-)

    *Big hugs,*
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vicki for your kind comment!!! You encouraged me so much with your words!! I love that Quote. I will have to write that down. What a beautiful video too. I love to listen to mennonite singing!! Thank you for the encouragement and prayers!!

      Hugs to you
      Jennifer

      Delete
  2. Yes, to everything there is a season and praise the Lord that we are in His hands and He is leading us step-by-step :) Thinking of you, dear Jennifer. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stephanie!! You are such a encouragement!!! Thank you so much for the sweet comment!!
      Hugs to you
      Jennifer

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping a note:) I love hearing from my bloggy friends around the world:) Drop by anytime,just remember this is a Christian blog so keep it clean. God bless and have Wonderful day!