"This Blog made to bring Glory and Praise to the Lord"

Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Tea Party...

Today was my Mom's Birthday!!! I came up with a Tea party type theme. I love planning themes and putting it all together!! Pinterest can be such a big help as well!

 I saw this Dress Cake on Pinterest. It was such an easy cake to make. I baked cupcakes and then arrange them. I had to take off the bottom row because I messed up. I didn't have a icing tip to do like they did on the one I seen. So I just iced the whole thing. The waves kinda came in by accident. It made it look like ruffles so I liked it!! I then added some pearls and a brooch. It turned out better than I thought it would. Not great but so cute!!
 I was going to make little mini weenie biscuits, but when I made the Sausage Pinwheels I had enough mixture left to make one more. So I used the biscuits on that. I just put the the lil smokies on top the stand.
 Dollar stores are really a blessings and you find great party supplies in them!! I had the china in the house and I stacked it up to make a stand holder(pinterest idea). I ordered the napkins and table runner from Oriental Trading company online when they were running a free shipping offer. I used a pretty glass for the flower holder. Flowers and plates and table cloth from the dollar stores!!
 Chicken Salad Sandwiches and Pasta Salad. I love the bowtie pasta noodles.
 The cute picture was something a blogger friend had made me and it matched perfect. I made some Punch. I could not find our punch bowl. It's probably packed away somewhere since we don't use it much out here since moving. So I took a cake stand and turned it upside and put the lid on top. Cups and little Bowls from the dollar stores. Then I stacked more plates and made stands. I had some Strawberry Wafers and Yogurt Pretzels on one. Then Marshmallows and Strawberries on the other with Chocolate in a Teacup in the middle.

My sister said "Downton Abbey" when she seen the kitchen and I will go with that cause I love Downton Abbey, but I just love Vintage altogether.

2 comments:

  1. What a delightful party! Your mom is so blessed to have such a sweet and thoughtful daughter :) Happy Birthday to your mom! Blessings to you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping a note:) I love hearing from my bloggy friends around the world:) Drop by anytime,just remember this is a Christian blog so keep it clean. God bless and have Wonderful day!