"This Blog made to bring Glory and Praise to the Lord"

Sunday, August 4, 2013

A day at the Ranch....

Yesterday me,Mom and Dad rode over to Hurricane Mills TN. The location of my favorite Country singer "Loretta Lynn". She has a ranch there. You can see a Museum,a replica of her childhood Kentucky home, a replica coal mine where her daddy was a coal miner,doll and fan museum,grist mill museum,Indian artifact museum,and her Plantation house she use to live in. Plus there are gift shops and a snack shop. It's my 3rd time going there and I just love it. It's so beautiful with the creek and waterfall running through it. We didn't take the tour this time because we have done all that. On the tour you can see all the stuff I mentioned above. They have events that go on throughout the whole year. On the property she also has a Campground,Cabins and a Concert area. All sorts of things. 

We got off on a country road by accident and were pretty much,what I call,the middle of nowhere..lol :) The plus side was beautiful scenery! It turned into a rainy day,but by the time we left the ranch it was clearing up.
 One lane Bridge over a beautiful river!!
 Lots of beautiful land
 We stopped at the Loretta Lynn Kitchen for some breakfast. It had Loretta Lynn stuff over the walls and a huge gift shop with all sorts of stuff!

 My favorite movie is "Coal Miner's Daughter".
 I just thought this was cool. Would not want to meet a real one in person..lol

Next was off to the Ranch!!
Motocross racing a popular event that happens there was going on. It was packed in that area!!


 The river and falls are so beautiful!!!

 It's a whole little western like town
 Grist mill and Fan and Doll museum
 I loved this purple blanket and the dolls!
 A doll her late husband bought her.


 An old Grist mill where one of the stores is in
 The stairs with her and her husband's name on them. The Plantation where she lived. I think she lives in a house behind it now.


 Her land is just so beautiful and I love the Animals!!




Hope I didn't bore you with all these pictures!! I am a picture freak!! It was such a nice day!! Thanks for coming along with me on here!!

I have more pictures from another visit if you click here and want to see those!!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your photos!! What a neat place... I loved the beauty of the land too, especially the river and waterfall, and her plantation. Beautiful.

    I haven't seen Coal Miner's Daughter, but I have heard a lot about it. I really need to see it. My Grandma has told me how wonderful a movie it is. And Loretta Lynn seems like such a lovely Southern lady.

    Have a blessed day♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks like it was a wonderful time :) Your photos were a joy to look at - thanks for sharing with us :)

    Have a splendid Monday! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm from Tennessee-born and raised!-and I can't imagine living anywhere else. Isn't it beautiful? :) So jealous of Loretta Lynn's ranch. Haha! What I wouldn't give to have some more room for MORE horses! Lol!
    Www.modestyismypolicy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping a note:) I love hearing from my bloggy friends around the world:) Drop by anytime,just remember this is a Christian blog so keep it clean. God bless and have Wonderful day!