"This Blog made to bring Glory and Praise to the Lord"

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Book Review:Love finds you in Mackinac Island by Melanie Dobson


I recently had the chance to read and review this book. I love reading the Love Finds you books. They always center around a different city and state each time. They are real places with charming names. In this book it finds you in Mackinac Island among the upper class of that time period. Elena and her family own a summer cottage there and visit every summer. This summer may be their last one as her father is about to lose their factory and all they own. They come to the island and along with several other families they want to meet and marry their daughters off to the rich Mr.Darrington. Elena goes along with her mother and their plans but each night for years she has snuck off to a old lighthouse that has been empty for years. It's her private place to be who she truly is away from society. A man appears one night there and quickly they fall in love. She does not know it but he is the Mr.Darrington that everyone is after and he does not know her. I enjoyed this book it kept me going til the end to see what would become of it all. It taught some good lessons throughout the book too as "Not to gossip" or pretend to be somebody your not. The only thing I didn't like was a few of the wine drinking references in some of the parts,it being a Christian book I don't agree with drinking,but other than that I really enjoyed the read!

To buy the book Click Here

I was given this book free from Lightfuse for my honest review

2 comments:

  1. Overall, I like this one but it wasn't my favorite of this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the cover alone would make me want to read this book! I'm going to be looking for it at my library the next time I go! Thank you for the review - I can't wait to see how it turns out! :-D

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping a note:) I love hearing from my bloggy friends around the world:) Drop by anytime,just remember this is a Christian blog so keep it clean. God bless and have Wonderful day!