"This Blog made to bring Glory and Praise to the Lord"

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving back home...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I went home to NC with my family. We had a nice visit and I got to get some food from some of my favorite places that we don't have here..lol:) We ate out for Thanksgiving lunch and that is the first time ever that we have done that. My mom has always cooked at home and had everybody over so that was a change and it didn't taste like my mama's cooking,but I made the best of it and was thankful! Then we were blessed that night to get invited to my mom's Aunt for a Thanksgiving dinner with them and some cousins and another Aunt. The food was real good and I was thankful for that meal to spend time together!! We stopped in Maggie Valley NC as a stopping point coming home. We got stuck in traffic right before Nashville in a 4 mile stretch of road were 4 different wrecks,bad ones. We found out on the news the next day that somebody died in one of them. I wish people would just slow down and take their time and not be in a hurry. People are such a hurry these days on the road. Til next time I leave you with some pictures!! Also don't forget my Christmas book giveaway going on!! 
Finally calmed down a little on the ride
 Playing with my Grandpa's dog

 Beautiful scenes on the ride down and back


 A truck of turkey's on the road beside us. They made it through Thanksgiving..lol
Maggie Valley NC


 Maggie Valley Store we always stopped at
 Horrible traffic backed up


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and dropping a note:) I love hearing from my bloggy friends around the world:) Drop by anytime,just remember this is a Christian blog so keep it clean. God bless and have Wonderful day!