"This Blog made to bring Glory and Praise to the Lord"

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Book Review:Courting Cate by Leslie Gould


The Story:In Paradise, Pennsylvania, Cate Miller is known more for her sharp tongue and fiery temper than her striking appearance. Her sweet and flirty sister, Betsy, on the other hand, seems to have attracted most of the bachelors in Lancaster County!

But the sisters' wealthy father has made one hard-and-fast rule: older Cate must marry first, before younger Betsy can even start courting. Unfortunately, untamable Cate has driven away every suitor-until Pete Treger comes to town, that is.

Prodded by the men of the area, Pete turns his attention to winning Cate's hand. But is his interest true or is there a scheme at play?



My Review:This was my first time reading a book by this author. I was not let down. I could not put it down and it kept me turning the pages to see what happened next. Cate had many trust issues and thought a lot on the comments people made to her and she formed herself into what others said about her. I found Pete to be very patient with her and bring her out of it. Some of the charaters I wanted to reach in the book and hit them. All of it just kept me reading and drawed me right in.  I can't wait to read the next in this series. Overall I learned from this book. I learned the only person you need to care about what they think of you is God. To not go by what others make you out to be. Amish fiction at it's best.

Read other reviews on this book tour by clicking here
You can visit the author website by clicking here
Buy the book by clicking here

A retelling of the Taming of the Shrew! Leslie Gould is celebrating the release of Courting Cate with a fun Kindle Fire Giveaway and a Facebook Author Chat Party (11/20)!



One lucky winner will receive:

  • A Kindle Fire
  • Courting Cate by Leslie Gould
Enter today by clicking one of the icons below. But hurry, the giveaway ends on November 19th. Winner will be announced at the "Courting Cate" Author Chat Facebook Party on 11/20. Connect with Leslie, get a sneak peek of her next book, try your hand at an Amish trivia contest, and chat with readers just like you. There will also be gift certificates, books and a Book Club Prize Pack to be won (10 copies for your book club or small group)!

So grab your copy of Courting Cate and join Leslie on the evening of the November 20th for a chance to connect with Leslie and make some new friends. (If you haven't read the book - don't let that stop you from coming!)

Don't miss a moment of the fun, RSVP todayTell your friends via FACEBOOK or TWITTER and increase your chances of winning. Hope to see you on the 20th!

Received this book free for my honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and dropping a note:) I love hearing from my bloggy friends around the world:) Drop by anytime,just remember this is a Christian blog so keep it clean. God bless and have Wonderful day!