"This Blog made to bring Glory and Praise to the Lord"

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Luau



Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!! My mom had been gone all week to NC to visit her dad and my dad went down later in the week to fix things for our new renters in our home. So I had him bring her home by lunch on Sunday and I surprised her with a Luau Party. I had lots of fun planning it and decorating. It turned out great. A Balloon with candy,a palm tree and Sign with Happy Mother's day greeted her on the front porch. I presented her with a flower lei around her neck.

 I found most all of my stuff at the Dollar Tree.
I had Umbrella Straws in the cups
I loved this little paper lantern that I found

Food
I made my first beach cake. I found blue icing at the store. I used Teddy Grahams as the people,gummy lifesavers as the floats,gummy fish in the water,Kit Kats for the two chairs and found two palm trees at Hobby Lobby and then made the sand out of brown sugar.
I made punch. Just Ginger ale,Pineapple Juice and your choice of Sherbet

 Flip flop cookies I found on Pinterest. You take Nutter Butters and then used icing to make the flip flop. I picked some gel icing and it made it look like the jelly flip flops..lol
Mama's gift basket
 These were hooked to the balloons. I found the bucket at Target and the Candy at Lifeway bookstore,each piece had a different Bible Verse on it.

Her special gift was a Charm necklace I had made with a picture of her Mother that passed away this past December. It was her first Mother's Day without her.


4 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely day of celebration! Happy Mother's Day! Have a beautiful week ahead ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so sweet of you! I'm sure your mama really enjoyed herself! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely mothers day jennifer..im sure she enjoyed it...my mother pass away 3 years now..but my son came to visit and was nice for me...god bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very sweet of you. You really did a lot of work to bring this together. I'm sure the charm necklace meant a lot to her. You're a good daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping a note:) I love hearing from my bloggy friends around the world:) Drop by anytime,just remember this is a Christian blog so keep it clean. God bless and have Wonderful day!